Tuesday, July 29, 2014



Volleyball has taken over my life.  Funny thing is, I don't even play the game.  My daughter loves the game, and I have grown to love to watching the game.

Last week was tryout for her school team.  This week, she is already on a break from school, so I signed her up for 4 days of volleyball camp at the University.  On top of that I signed her up for two days of clinics which we hustle to after volleyball camp.  This is in addition to the clinic she is taking on the weekend for a couple of months.  So that works out to 5 days of volleyball this week.

I know it sounds like a crazy schedule.  When we were chatting about my daughter's full  volleyball schedule, one of my friends once told me,  "You drank the Kool Aid!"  But I actually enjoy it.  It has been a rewarding experience to watch my daughter grow as she learns the game.

Team sports teaches dedication, perseverance, and a slew of great life skills on and off the court or field.

Yes, I drank the Kool Aid!




No comments: