Saturday, July 26, 2014

Yikes! My iPad Screen is Broken :(

To repair a broken iPad screen you need YouTube (or ifixit.com), around $20, eBay, a heat gun, and a little jack-of-all trades skill.

A couple of nights ago I picked up my iPad only to find that the screen had shattered.  I'm not sure how it happened.  I would think that I would have noticed it was broken the last time I used it, but I didn't.  And I have two suspicious teenagers who I have marked as persons of interest in this mystery.

Lucky for me, my brother has experience fixing a shattered iPad screen.  He watched a few YouTube videos, and ended up repairing an iPad dropped by our niece.  Did I tell you that I love YouTube?  It is my window to the world.

Anyways, I purchased a repair kit on eBay for that repair, so I spent my time on eBay and purchased another kit that included tools and the home button.  The tools from the last kit were plastic and got bent out of shape removing the screen, so I do suggest purchasing the kit with tools each time you do a repair.

My temporary repair kit was a roll of duck tape!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

We just bought a new house and I wanted to pass on a single tip that could help your readers save a bunch of money. If you are still looking for or negotiating the price of a house with a seller, the best way to win if you have other bidders is offer full price with the contingency that if any major repairs are needed in first year escrow will handle it.

Cordia Remsen @ RB’s Computer Service