Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Water, water, everywhere.



Today it rained.

As long as I don't have to drive in it, I really <3 rainy days.

When I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, I remember a big storm passed through the Islands. It downed trees and maybe even gave us a break from school (my memory gets a little fuzzy there) The puddles were over a foot deep and beckoned me to wade through their murky water as I went outside to play in the after storm drizzle. I lost track of time playing in the light rain and puddles and since then I always connected rain with something wonderful.

I waited and waited for another big storm like that, but after a few years passed, I realized they were few and far between. Still, I've grown to appreciate the little storms. The air smells different. The air feels different. And then the water comes.

No comments: